Are your car windows foggy? Are you having a hard time seeing while you're driving? It can be a dangerous problem, especially in bad weather. Don't worry – we have the solution!
Glendale Nissan will walk you through ten easy steps to fixing your foggy car windows. We know how frustrating it can be when you can't see out of your windshield, so follow these steps and get your car back to its former glory!
Steps To Eliminating Foggy Car Windows
Take a look at your windows. You obviously have a problem with foggy car windows if they're covered in condensation. If you find yourself driving with foggy car windows, there are a few things you can do to fix the problem, and you'll be able to see clearly in no time.
- Start by wiping down all the surfaces on your car windows- inside and out. It will help remove any dust or grime that is further encouraging the condensation.
- Use a cloth or paper towel to wipe off the fog on the glass. It will help remove any moisture on your windows’ surface.
- You can use a hair dryer to blow warm air onto your windshield. It will help evaporate any water that's on your windows.
- Place a dehumidifier in your car. It will help remove the moisture from the air, which will prevent the windows from fogging
- Make sure the temperature inside your car is comfortable before you start driving. If there is a significant temperature difference between the interior & exteriors of the car, that will also cause the windows to fog up.
- Make sure the temperature inside your car is comfortable before you start driving. If it's too hot or too cold, it can cause the windows to fog up.
- You can use an anti-fog spray on your windows. It will help prevent the water from condensing on your windows.
- You can also get a bucket and fill it with warm water. Add a few drops of liquid dish soap to the water and dissolve well. Take a clean rag and dip it into the soapy water. Wipe down your windows with soapy water. Rinse your windows with clean water. Dry your windows with a clean towel.
- Apply a little car wax to the windows and windshield. It will help repel water and prevent the windows from fogging Buff the wax until it’s shiny using a soft cloth.
- Please, park your car in a shady spot when you're not using it. It will help keep the temperature and prevent the windows from fogging.
Fixing foggy car windows doesn't have to be a hassle. Just follow out two cents in simple steps, and you'll be on your way! Have questions? No problem – here at Stevens Glendale Nissan, serving Eagle Rock, CA, we want to help you keep your car in top condition, so we've given you these tips on dealing with foggy windows while driving.
Schedule a service today, and let us take care of everything. Thanks for reading!